This is the first in a series which will probably go on forever!
Some songs transport me to a different emotional level. Being an engineer I am wont to rationalize and stay away from overt displays of emotion. I will go so far as to say I don't even "feel" as much as I should. But some songs...
The first in this series:
The haunting voice of Lata, the passion of Meena Kumari, Raj Kumar's attempt to be unaffected but his failure to do so and most of all the beautiful words.
For those of you who don't understand Hindi: the heroine beseeches the night to stop (some things lose their flavor in translation) and asks the moon to never set so she can enjoy the time together with her lover.
What is it about songs of longing? Every one of them tugs at my heart.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment