Lately, I have been going to the climbing wall pretty regularly and have become pretty good at climbing. These climbs are color-coded routes up a wall and they have to be "set". The setters name is written on the first stone in the climb. One of my favorite "setters" is a person whose initials are RZ (thats all it says on the credit!). Ever since I climbed my first RZ route, I knew there was something special about him (I also instinctively thought it was a HE).
Today while belaying "General", a man came up to me and told me some do's and dont's in a very matter-of-fact way. For some reason, I could feel a power in his presence. There was something about him, and something told me he is RZ. I really don't know why, but I had this strong sense saying to me that this is RZ. Later I went up to him and asked whether it was him and it was!
Surreal experience. Totally surreal.
I also realized that truly talented people talk the least and do the most. There was an aura of peace, knowledge and confidence around RZ.... I think I found another role model today.
Good night!
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
climbing wall seems fun. Another role model? Soon there won't be a vacant space for a new entrant ;-)
Spooky that you guessed RZ. Would be fun and spookier) if that RZ was you :)
You shouldn't have asked him... Some mysteries are fun, arent they?
a HA HA for the way you write man,the whackiness and the shift from the normal way and normal content too!!
aye aye cap'n. Turns out this is the first time im lookin at yer blog! wall-climbing eh? must try that sometime. Hopefully they have working harnesses. I always felt i was dropped on my head as a child. I dont want a repeat of that! cheers
Post a Comment